Monday, January 01, 2007

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Octave of Christmas
Circumcision of the Lord
Mary, Mother of God


Per my usual tradition, I went to bed at 10:30-11:00. I could justify such a tradition by saying that the year started with Advent or that Christmas is the true beginning for all Christians with the incarnation of the Lord, but actually... I simply have nothing better to do. Going out costs money and a lot of my friends have moved away. January 1st is just another day (aside from its liturgical significance). The sun is already rising earlier. Christmas Day has already arrived. My birthday is only a few days away. New Year's is nothing to get the heart pumping when it comes to festivities. :) Unless the ladies out there like to swoon over Dick Clark while guzzling their champagne?

If you all are recovering, I wish you well in your efforts. Enjoy the day off. I know I will. There is a nice blue sky outside. It should be almost 40 here today. News and commentary will resume tomorrow.

Finally, one reader commented and recommended the Baronius version of the 1962 Missal. Unless anyone wishes to object and comment in favor of another version, I will probably go with that. Thanks to the reader for chiming in and also to Louis for the very informative link.

No comments: