Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Benedict XVI's Final Public Mass

I caught the rebroadcast of the Holy Father's last public Mass today on EWTN.  It was pretty normal except for the occasional shots of people looking sad due to the significance of the event.

Then after Communion, Cardinal Bertone came out to address Benedict.  And as soon as I saw this, I knew what was coming.  The secretary of state finished his address and went up to warmly greet the pope.  Cut away to the congregation applauding, clergy, religious, and laity.  I knew it would happen, but I hoped it would not go on, but it did.  Things moved along to the final blessing, but they were still applauding and Benedict had to wait.

*sigh*

I really wish Cardinal Bertone had waited for some other occasion than Holy Mass.

Zenit has his address translated into English.

No comments: