Monday, March 17, 2008

Not Quite St. Patrick's Day

Monday during Holy Week
Saint Patrick's Day (though it was officially translated to the 15th)


You know anyone who's gotten drunk yet? It's fifteen minutes to ten in the morning here and I am logged in somewhere where a fine young gentleman from another time zone has already gotten a start and is quite drunk on 'Irish' brew... Of course, those who are more likely to go out and have a rip-roaring good time with their mates are also less likely to notice the fact that the sanctioning body that made Saint Patrick's Day what it is (the Holy Catholic Church!) moved it to March 15th this year...

In any case, I like to take a more sober approach to the day given it is the anniversary of my entry into the Catholic Church as well as this year falling during Holy Week.

I'm still considering what I want to do next Sunday for Easter. The Church commands us to receive Holy Communion at least once a year at Easter and I haven't since before my surgery last year. But swallowing even little particles is hard and I doubt they'd left me use a plastic straw if I brought one. I should email Father and ask what he thinks...

Here's a toast to all my Harrah and Henry kin.
Wear your green and say a prayer.

No comments: