Thursday, June 29, 2006

You ever feel like...

Like the day only starts when you wake up? I was up until 4:30 this morning, so it's odd thinking that it is the 'day after' rather than simply later on in the day.

In any case!

Last night, I watched 'The Shoes of the Fisherman'. Interesting movie. The actors were all good, though the plot was rather slow in places. The entire Oskar Werner subplot was rather contrived. Isn't it interesting that the Vatican sent off to fetch a just-released-from-the-gulag archbishop from the Kremlin a priest who was not only on the verge of being declared a heretic but also dying?

Yeah, I thought that was interesting too. :)

The end was... 'You ARE Peter! We support your decision to do this!' I won't spoil the final decision, but it was like liberation theology in white clothing. Bread, dignity and work... I guess Sir Olivier ended up breaking Kiril in the gulag after all. :)

No comments: