Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Voight on Wojtyla

"I have to tell you, I had a wonderful time doing the Pope, maybe because I understood more than most what he was since I had a Catholic background," he said.

"I was not intimidated to take this role because I did not have to go to school from scratch to be comfortable with the surroundings of the Church. I'd been there before," he said.
[...]

He said that looking back on his own life he realized that one of the most important lessons was learning how to use freedom wisely -- one of the late Pope's leitmotivs.

"Free love -- what a poison that was," he said, recalling the 1960s.

"Free love, the destruction of family life and loyalties and the responsibilities of parents, and I've gone through that, so I know ... that balance has to be achieved, you have to understand what freedom really means," he said.

Read the complete article Jon Voight:from aspiring stud to Pope from Reuters.

It's nice to see Hollywood actors getting religion, even if it is 40 years too late.

No comments: