All correspondence is confidential unless permission is granted. All posts are open to comment for seven days; after that, they are moderated. Please email if you are unable to leave a comment, it will be posted for you.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Communion question

Since my surgery, I've not be able to swallow solids. I have been able to swallow liquids, but only through a straw because my mouth doesn't work and then I usually cough up icky stuff from the back of my throat.

For you priests and informed laypersons, what's my best option for Communion?


Ray from MN said...

You might ask your pastor or an Extraordinary Minister if they would break the consecrated host into a tiny piece for you that you might be able to swallow.

Scott said...

There is a straw-like device used by Eastern Rites that gives you a few drops of the Precious Blood. This would probably work well for you. Ask your pastor or look it up. I don't know the name though...sorry.