Saturday, February 23, 2008

One Dead, One Wounded

My grandfather had all kinds of pro-life bumper stickers. One of them went along the lines of 'One dead, one wounded.' I guess in this case, it would be 'Three dead, period.' Artist hanged herself after aborting her twins

An artist killed herself after aborting her twins when she was eight weeks pregnant, leaving a note saying: "I should never have had an abortion. I see now I would have been a good mum."

Emma Beck was found hanging at her home in Helston, Cornwall, on Feb 1 2007. She was declared dead early the following day - her 31st birthday.

Emma was happy to find out she was pregnant, but Emma's boyfriend wasn't happy. Emma had a history of depression. When she finally got to the hospital after missing a few appointments as she struggled, a certified counselor was not to be found... They gave her a number to call because everyone was off on holiday leave.

Welcome, my friends, to the NHS.

Her suicide note read: "I told everyone I didn't want to do it, even at the hospital. I was frightened, now it is too late. I died when my babies died. I want to be with my babies: they need me, no-one else does."


Requiescat in pace.

1 comment:

Louis E. said...

A woman pushed into having an abortion can be unhappy but so can a woman pushed out of it.The whole point of being pro-choice is...IT'S HER CALL!